Novalis Tx Radiosurgery Platform
Scott & White offers a new treatment for cancer that means shorter treatments and less risk for patients. Our radiation oncologists can now offer directed radiation treatments contoured to the exact shape of a tumor, precisely delivering treatment while protecting surrounding healthy tissue. And with the Novalis Tx™ radiosurgery platform, treatment sessions last just minutes, not hours.
Benefits of the Novalis Tx Radiosurgery Platform
The Novalis Tx radiosurgery platform represents a new standard in radiosurgery, offering advanced technologies that deliver highly precise, fast treatment.
- Shapes the radiation beam to match the exact contour of the tumor or lesion, ensuring the maximum prescribed dose of high-energy radiation is delivered to the entire tumor.
- Protects surrounding healthy tissue.
- Adapts the treatment beam to breathing and other body movements to continuously maintain safe, complete and accurate dose delivery.
- Non-invasive, outpatient procedure lasts just 15 to 20 minutes, rather than hours, for a more-comfortable and less-restricted treatment experience than other radiosurgery devices.
- Reduces the likelihood of patient or tumor movements, ensuring the highest possible level of treatment accuracy.
- Treatment can take place in a single day, although your doctor will decide if your treatment should be administered in a single dose or in a series of doses.
- Employs a wide range of treatment modalities, ensuring you receive the best treatment for your individual case. Other radiosurgery devices are limited to only one treatment modality.
- Delivers the industry’s highest dose rate, penetrating deeper to treat tumors previously considered untreatable.
- Offers hope to patients with clinical conditions once considered untreatable and those for whom surgery is not an option.
- Frameless radiosurgery offers a more patient-friendly alternative to other radiosurgery devices that require immobilization with a head ring that attaches to the skull.
The Novalis Tx radiosurgery platform can treat non-cancerous and cancerous conditions of the entire body such as:
- Acoustic neuromas
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVM)
- Brain metastases/Gliomas
- Cavernous angiomas
- Intractable seizures
- Liver Tumors/Metastases
- Lung Tumors/Metastases
- Meningiomas of the skull base
- Parkinson's disease
- Pediatric brain tumors
- Pituitary adenomas
- Prostate Cancer/Metastases
- Recurrent brain tumors
- Spine Tumors/Metastases
- Trigeminal neuralgia