EpicCare Link is a web-based application connecting Scott & White community-based affiliates via secure access to select capabilities and patient information with Scott & White’s Epic electronic medical record.
Already have access?Log in
EpicCare Link Features
With EpicCare Link, affiliate providers can:
- Access patients’ medical records at Baylor Scott & White — Affiliate providers providing care can access medical records, which can improve the quality of care for the patient.
- Securely send HIPAA compliant messages to Baylor Scott & White providers
- Request referrals and upload documents — Affiliate providers can request and follow a referral in real time as well as submit documents electronically.
- Order radiological testing — Affiliate providers can request specific imaging and receive secure access to the radiologist's assessment of the resulted images
- Review billing information — Affiliate providers who admit patients in a Baylor Scott & White inpatient facility can have their billing staff review clinical documentation to verify client billing is accurate and supported. This feature may be utilized for coding and charge reconciliation.
Affiliate providers may include: referring providers, referred-to providers, contracted providers, support staff delegates and employers.
EpicCare Link for Post-Acute FacilitiesEpicCare Link for Post-Acute Facilities
Post-acute entities that interact with Baylor Scott & White Central Texas discharging facilities can apply for a customized EpicCare Link access that allows them to accept and deliver secure communications electronically.
With EpicCare Link, nurses, managers, and physicians at post-acute facilities can:
- Electronically accept discharge placement requests sent from Baylor Scott & White case management
- Access patients’ medical records at Baylor Scott & White, which can improve the quality of care for the patient
- Securely send HIPAA compliant messages to Baylor Scott & White case managers
- Upload documents, after HIM approval, to the patient’s BSWH medical record
Affiliate providers and staff may request access to EpicCare Link by submitting the forms below to Baylor Scott & White Physician Relations. If you have any questions, please call 254-724-8559. Emailing the Excel document enhances accuracy and allows for faster processing.
- Request for employee access to EpicCareLink for an external organization (Please note: post-acute facilities should utilize the post-acute access request form )
- Electronic medical record access agreement for non-Scott & White users
- Requestors must also review Baylor Scott & White's EpicCare Link HIPAA Training
Baylor Scott & White Physician Relations
2410 S. 31st Street
Temple, TX 76508
EpicCare Link Hotline/Help Desk
For help accessing and navigating EpicCare Link, call 254-724-2501 or email EpicCareLink@sw.org