Department of Neurology
The Department of Neurology is committed to providing the highest level of patient care while using the latest research and technology to assist patients with neurological disorders. All of the department's physicians are associate professors with the Texas A&M System Health Science Center College of Medicine and assist with the teaching and education of numerous medical students.
The department provides diagnostic and consultative services for patients with dementia/memory disorders, epilepsy, headaches and migraines, movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders and strokes.
*Neurology is a referral-only specialty. Referring physicians may visit our physician referral website.
- Computerized Tomography Scan (CAT or CT)
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Evoked potentials
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Deep brain stimulation
- Lumbar puncture
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Nerve conduction velocity studies (NCV)
- Neuropsychological evaluation
- Position Emission Tomography (PET)
- Evoked potential
- Tilt table testing
- Video and ambulatory EEG
Our lab technicians perform hundreds of tests each month to help our physicians diagnose neurological disorders.
- We have been recognized by the American Stroke Association and US News and World Report as being a nationally recognized Stroke Center and achieving the Initial Performance Achievement Award Status.
- Movement Disorders Center is a designated National Parkinson Foundation Care Center, offering patients comprehensive care utilizing an interdiscplinary team approach.
- Community outreach programs are offered, helping patients and caregivers learn more about diseases and potential treatments.
- Several therapies are offered, including physical, music, speech and occupational.
- Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
Contact the Department of Neurology