Resources for Current Resident and Fellows
House Staff Council (HSC)
The Housestaff Council is a group of your peers, mostly chief residents, who discuss any issues/concerns of interest to the housestaff. Additionally, the HSC provides a forum for residents and fellows to receive the most up-to-date information regarding GME and hospital-related news. The HSC is led by a president and vice president, who are your liaisons to hospital administration.
Meetings are held quarterly; information regarding upcoming HSC meetings are sent out via email by the HSC leadership.
President – Sean M. Krahenbuhl, DO, PGY-IV, Anesthesiology Resident
Vice President – Jinesh P. Shah, MD, PGY-III, Internal Medicine Resident
House Staff Quality Council (HSQC)
The House Staff Quality Council, provides representation to the Scott & White physician quality council and GME on issues of quality related to house staff. The council determines areas in need of quality improvement relating to house staff duties and form recommendations or plans for quality improvement in these areas and present to hospital leadership.
Anyone interested can join during the spring annual membership process by completing an application. Please contact Academic Operations at 254-215-4843 for further information.
January - June 2016
First Friday of every month
7 a.m. - 8 a.m.
Room LH-1/109 or Mayborn Auditorium
Medical Education Alliance
The Medical Education Alliance exists to support the spouses of medical students, residents and fellows throughout their medical training. Our members have the unique opportunity to meet other individuals during their stay at Scott & White and to develop life-long friendships.
We provide support to our members through:
- Adult socials
- Play groups
- Children's socials
- Philanthropic events
- Monthly meetings
The Alliance also provides support to local charities, including a monthly bake sale that benefits Scott & White.
Where Should We Live?
Check out homes for sale or rent by current Alliance members.
- Texas Medical Board - www.tmb.state.tx.us
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) - www.ecfmg.org
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) - www.nppes.cms.hhs.gov
- New Innovations - www.new-innov.com
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) - www.acgme.org
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) - www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov
- Healthstream Modules (HLC) - www.healthstream.com
- Richard D. Haines Medical Library - www.voyager-sw.tamu.edu
- PubMed/NCBI - www.ncbi.nlm.gov
- Medical Education Alliance - https://swmea.shutterfly.com
- Texas Medical Association - http://www.texmed.org
- Association of American Medical Colleges - https://www.aamc.org
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) - https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras
- National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) - http://www.nrmp.org
- ELM Risk Management Online Course - http://sw.elmexchange.com/ccc/partner/sw/intro.asp
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - https://www.achievesolutions.net/achievesolutions/en/baylor/Home.do
- To Access the manual on Research and Internal Support- http://insite.sw.org/web/InSite/iwcontent/private/research/html/intra-research.jsp