Graduate Medical Education Compensation and Benefits
The talent and commitment of our staff members enables us to provide comprehensive, personalized and high-quality healthcare to our patients. You matter to patients, and you matter to us. We’re committed to providing compensation, benefits and development programs that fulfill you and help us create an environment where high-performing staff thrive and grow.
If you have any questions, contact the benefits team at 254-724-3772 or hrbenefits@BSWHealth.org for personalized assistance.
We provide competitive salaries for residents and fellows based on the program year level.
Stipends for 2017-2018
| Medical Residents and Fellows
|Years of Training
|Pastoral Care Residents
|Psychology Fellows and Interns
Some benefits are voluntary and must be enrolled for within 30 days of hire date. Otherwise, these benefits can be added or updated during open enrollment in the fall, or following a qualifying life event. Online enrollment is available 24 hours and is accessible from any computer with internet access.
For full benefit information — including coverage and cost of medical, dental and vision— visit bswhbenefits.com.
- The Flexible Spending Plan allows you to set aside tax-free dollars for out-of-pocket medical, dental or child care expenses.
- Professional Liability insurance is provided through Scott & White.
- Health Insurance is the Scott & White PPO Plan, you and Scott & White share the cost of this plan.
- Prescription Insurance - included in health insurance plan.
- Voluntary Vision Insurance is optional through Superior Vision, you pay the cost of this plan.
- Voluntary Dental Insurance is optional through MetLife, you pay the cost of this plan.
- Basic Term Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance of 1 x salary is provided to you through Minnesota Life, Scott & White pays the cost of this plan.
- Voluntary Supplemental Term Life Insurance of 1-7 x salary is optional through Unum. You pay the cost of this plan.
- Voluntary Spouse Life of $10,000 up to $250,000 is optional through Unum. You pay the cost of this plan.
- Voluntary Child Life of $5,000 or $10,000 is optional through Unum. You pay the cost of this plan.
- Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) is optional insurance for you and your spouse through Unum. You pay the cost of this plan.
- Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance is provided. You pay the cost of this plan.
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance is provided through Unum. Scott & White pays the cost of this plan.
- Voluntary Pre-Paid Legal Insurance is provided through Hyatt Legal. You pay the cost of this plan.
- Back Up Child/Adult Care is provided through Bright Horizons. You and Scott & White pay the cost of this plan.
Additional BenefitsAdditional Benefits
- Medical Insurance Coverage (refer to HR benefits)
- Lab coats
- Call meals with 3 months rollover
- Free parking
- Paid basic postgraduate training permit fee
- House Staff Council
- Paid membership to AMA, TMA and Bell County Medical Association
- Funding assistance provided for research presentations at state and national research conferences
- Onsite gym for residents
- Retirement matching program
- $500 book fund