Clinical Simulation Mobile Unit (CSMU)
The Scott & White Healthcare Clinical Simulation Mobile Unit (CSMU) is an interprofessional mobile simulation lab used to assess and train healthcare providers onsite at all Scott & White hospitals and clinics.
One of Scott & White’s commitments to patients is to ensure a high and continuous standard of care across all of our healthcare facilities regardless of day, time or location. The CSMU allows all healthcare providers and support staff access to the same technologies that would be available to them as if they were located at the Temple main campus. Providers and staff are given the opportunity to perform simulation scenarios on manikins in a familiar and safe environment - their own hospital or clinic.
The interprofessional team consists of content experts who can assess and train healthcare providers in their own facilities. The CSMU has an array of high fidelity simulators and Standardized Patients to portray realistic scenarios.
The Mobile Team is equipped to assess and offer simulation training on many scenarios
including but not limited to:
- Adult Rescuscitation utilizing ACLS protocols (including Drs. Rapid/Fleet/Blue)
- Pediatric Resuscitation utilizing PALS protocols (including Drs. Pedi Rapid/Fleet/Blue)
- Neonatal Resuscitation utilizing NRP protocols (including Drs. Pedi Rapid/Fleet/Blue)
- High-risk Obstetrics
- Acute Trauma (Adult and Pediatric)
- Mass Casualty (Adult and Pediatric)
- Difficult Airway Management (Adult and Pediatric)
- Malignant Hyperthermia
- Team training with emphasis on communication skills (Team STEPPS)
- Quality/Risk Management:
- Time Outs
- Sentinel events - Root Cause Analysis
- Professional Competencies
- Just in Time - assessing new hospitals, policies and procedures at a system level