Healthcare Like No Other for More Than 100 Years
When Arthur C. Scott, MD, and Raleigh R. White Jr., MD, began their medical practice in Temple, Texas in 1897, they shared one fundamental conviction: medicine must serve the people.
Today, Scott & White Healthcare is a non-profit collaborative health care system which encompasses one of the nation's largest multi-specialty group practices. Scott & White provides personalized, comprehensive, high-quality care enhanced by medical education and research to Central Texans in a 29,000-square-mile service area. The system owns, partners or manages 12 hospital sites, two additional announced facilities, more than 65 primary care and specialty clinic locations and a 215,000+-member health plan.
Scott & White employs more than 14,000 employees, 1,000 physicians and scientists, and is the primary clinical teaching facility to more than 400 medical residents and fellows in training at the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine.
In addition, the Scott & White Health Plan serves more than 215,000 members, is the highest-rated plan in Texas and one of the highest-rated plans in the nation and is consistently recognized for member satisfaction.
Unmatched Commitment to Patients and Families
Scott & White is unique among medical providers in its focus on patient care at every level:
- Scott & White is led and managed by physicians who place patient- and family-centered care above all else. Because our physicians are part of a multi-disciplinary group practice, they share a tradition of caring for patients with complex illnesses, combining their expertise in a wide range of medical disciplines to determine the most effective treatments.
- Scott & White Hospital – Temple is the only Level I Trauma Center between Dallas and Austin.
- We have invested heavily in research — with more than 120,000-square–feet of bench research space and $15 million — a commitment that ensures our patients access to the latest treatment protocols and clinical trials.
- Scott & White is a partner in Texas’s first Health and Bioscience District, which includes high school and college student-training programs in the fields of health and science.
A National Reputation for Excellence
Committed to patient care, education and research, Scott & White has earned a reputation for excellence in cancer, orthopedics, neuroscience, pediatrics and cardiovascular care. Our dedicated physicians have built a nationally-acclaimed health care organization, recognized by organizations including U.S. News & World Report, Thomson Reuters and Newsweek.
Other recent recognitions include:
- 2012/13 – Scott & White Memorial Hospital – Temple: Consumer Choice Award from National Research Corporation; ninth consecutive year
- 2012/13 - Scott & White Memorial Hospital - Temple: Named among the nation’s Best Regional Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report (Prairies and Lakes region); second consecutive year
- 2012 Top 100 Health Systems by Thomson Reuters
- 2010/11 Consumer Choice Award by National Research Corporation (eighth consecutive year)
- 2011 Top 100 Most Integrated Health Networks (IHN) by SDI, a healthcare market insight and analytics firm that evaluates IHNs on their performance and degree of integration.
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, Approval with Commendation Teaching Hospital Cancer Program